This is what life looks like....in Leighland...

Friday 2 August 2013

And the cupcakes continue

My Corona cupcakes went down so well that I was experimenting in the kitchen again within a week!


I'm really loving the idea of boozy flavours so to continue with that theme and on raiding my drinks cabinet (ok so the fridge and a box at the back of the cupboard under the stairs!!) I decided to try Baileys this time and boy am I glad I did!!

Makes 12 large cupcakes                           
250g flour, sifted
1/2 tbsp baking powder                                 
100g room temperature olive spread
1 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
100g light brown sugar
100g caster sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
120mls chilled Baileys
2 tbsp milk




Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl and put to one side
Beat olive spread and sugar until light and fluffy
Beat in eggs one at a time
Add 1/3 flour mix then 1/2 chilled Baileys, 1/3 flour mix, 1/2 chilled Baileys, oil and milk then last 1/3 flour mix and mix until fully combined
Spoon into your cupcake cases and bake in the middle of the oven for aprox 18-20 mins or until a cocktail stick comes out clean
Allow to cool completely before frosting


Frosting:
100g unsalted butter
300g icing sugar
1/2 tsp coffee essence
2 tsp chilled Bailieys


Dice the butter, add the Bailieys and coffee essence then combine with a spatula
Add icing sugar a bit at a time

I only took 6 of these cupcakes into work and gave some to friends when they called in for coffee, they went down so well that every one who got a taste commented that I should leave work and start making cupcakes for a living...if only it were that easy, LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment