This is what life looks like....in Leighland...

Friday 8 February 2013

Mug cakes?? I must have died and gone to heaven!!

What a week!!

So the diet hasn't gone to plan - I've started physio again, am on more new tablets and basically in need of some serious cheering up.

I'd normally just bake a cake, but a big cake between 2 means eating 1/2 a cake in a very short space of time :-(  So I started thinking about how the Hubs has maintained his recent weight loss with portion control. I was of course, browsing Pintrest while I was thinking about it and by some strange twist of fate, I almost immediately came across a 'mug cake' recipe!!  I then searched 'mug cake' and just about fell into desert heaven!!

I scrolled through a few different recipes until I found one from Sophie at My Happy Place.

Ingredients
1/4 cup plain flour
1 tbsp white granulated sugar
1bg tbsp brown sugar
25g melted butter
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tbsp chocolate chips
few drops of vanilla extract.

The original recipe calls for 15g melted butter but I found the mix to be to crumbly so added another 10g to get it right.

Melt the butter in the microwave (20sec should be enough, then swill the mug for a few more seconds until the rest of the butter has melted) then add a few drops of vanilla extract.  Stir in the 2 sugars with a fork and add the egg yolk.  I mixed the chocolate chips with my flour then added them to the mix. (this is where I found the mix to be too dry and added the extra butter).  Nuke in the microwave for 40-120 seconds (the time will vary depending on the power of your microwave, mine is 850 and I needed just under 120 secs)....et voila...Single serving Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug!!!  


Amazing!!  The cake was soooooooo yummy, I can't wait to find and try out more 1 portion deserts recipes tomorrow

Moral of the story - while still using full fat/calorie ingredients, a 1 portion mix is exactly that - 1 portion - so that's all you eat as opposed to having a full cake or biscuit batch that can't possibly be thrown away....GENIUS!!!!  

Don't forget to leave any comments below!  Have you found healthy, low fat and tasty deserts?  Leave your recipes below!  What is your favorite 'big cake'??



No comments:

Post a Comment